SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

My simucube is maxed out at 25 amps and in game I am like 30 on the force feedback

Ok, so most likely the coupling slipped on the shaft due to the high forces on the crash.

Use a marker to mark the current shaft and clamp, and see if it has indeed shifted, if this happens again.

I found a bug in Automobilista.

For example, if you hit the left front with a wall, the FFB of the steering wheel will remain hanging to the left, and if it is on the right front it will stay hanging to the right.
This symptom occurs only for + effect 1, + effect 2, + effect 3.
It does not occur on Pure 360 and Pure 180.

are you using 0.9.5 or later firmware version?

Yes, I am using 0.97 Firmware.

Have you adjusted the game settings, as explained here?

Especially the jolt magnitude setting.

1 Like

The description of Automobilista’s Controller.ini has been changed to FFB jolt magnitude = “0.00000”.
This change solved it.

Thanks Mika.

0.9.8 bug reports.

There is a one report telling that the Directinput damping goes very wild if one sets its strength slider to more than 100%.

I tested this on wednesday before release and everything was fine.

Need additional reports!

havn’t tried the new one yet but, for me its always been like that cant set the direct input effects high the wheel go’s wild. if you use them i always used between 0 and 50

70 or 80 or higher and above would make the wheel go nutty :wink: ( the wheel just starts to oscillate like mad )

I could not repeat this issue myself. I did fix an issue that could cause this.

For Assetto Corsa, I no longer get the little º to confirm DirectInput damping is working, which I was before. I just get the - .

But DirectInput damping in AC is definitely working.

Updated 0.9.8 and in Dirt Rallys friction is completely gone …

Simucube Friction effect is at 100 and even when I set both friction sliders in DR to maximum I can turn the wheel without any effort while the car is not moving.

Not sure if is based on that issue also, when driving the wheel is totally loose around the center.

Overall impossible to drive - has anyone seen the same problems?

Another thing I noticed with DR, for all FW versions <=0.9.7 the wheel oscillates slightly while being in the menus, with 0.9.8 this isn‘t happening anymore (wheel is not moving).

I shall re-investigate the friction effect. Its calculation is similar to the 0.9.7 version, but I meant only to remove the damping effect part from it. It could be that Friction effect itself got a washout :slight_smile:

Will be fixed for next version.

edit: upon investigation, the friction torque was left out by accident. It also is not being calculated as per DirectInput spec, so I will revise this during the eastern holidays. I don’t have access to development hardware or indeed any SimuCUBE at the moment, but code should be ready for my testing when I get back.

Hello,

i hope to post at the right place. Since the 0.9.8 installed the DESKTOP CENTERING SPRING STRENGTH doesn´t work …

You have to increase the saturation too.

Thank you Mika.

So both must to have the same value?

The strength controls the sharpness of the force curve. 100% means that 100% force is at at +/- 450 degrees. 200% means that it is at +/-225 degrees, so the force increases twice as fast as you turn the wheel.

The saturation (maximum strength) can then be used as a clipping level, so you can set very quickly increasing force but clip the strength of the force.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply

Just a quick query, I saw further back in the thread that it was possible that running the fw updates would continually decrease the output current setting.

When I first had the wheel with MMOS I was usually running 30-35%. When I first moved to Simucube I noticed a slight drop in output so was generally running low 40% range. After this most recent update I feel that it might have dropped again. I reloaded the drc file for the Small Mige…I saw that this is a ‘safe’ setting…the simucube setting shows 12.86A. Should I be going in to granity to adjust these settings manually to get some of that headroom back? I am now running some cars at 50%+ and that would previously have been much more challenging.